Friday, September 13, 2013

The inaugural post.

Hi.  Ali here.  My hope with this blog is basically what it says to the right there - to keep all of our friends and family up-to-date on what's going on with our little peanut.  The idea of catching you all up from the beginning, 2.5 months ago, is a liiiitle too overwhelming to consider, so I'm going to start from now.  From today.  Sound good?  K perfect.

If you'd like to receive e mail notifications when a new post comes through, be sure to enter your e mail address to the right hand side there and it will come straight to your inbox.

...................................................................................................................................................................

Today Lucille and I needed a little change of scenery, so we headed to Starbucks for a little mama/daughter date to work on her baby book.  We uploaded the gazillion pictures I have on my phone of her to place an order at Costco of all those gazillion photos, and filled in some of the pages on her book.  She was oogled over by a few ladies, of course, because she's the cutest baby you've ever seen in your life.



She slept really well last night - 7.5 hours and then another 2.5 SOLID hours after she ate.  I stress solid because usually those additional hours are the in-and-out sleeping, but this morning was SOLID.  Which explains why I've had energy to create this here blog today.

We also worked on some tummy time... she's getting so strong!  AND she actually rolled over today for the first time!  So awesome that Ryan and I were both able to witness it... I think she surprised herself, and us!  We freaked, naturally.  And I tried to downplay it like it was a fluke, but it was legitimate!


I don't typically like outfits with wording on them... "I love my _____" fill in the blank, but we had to take a picture to show auntie Kristen that we were using her bib!  It's cool sis, I still love you, and Lucille was pretty happy to be wearing it, clearly <3


The last couple of weeks I've really been struggling with the idea of going back to work.  Thankfully my firm is allowing me to work 2 days from home, which I'm very grateful for.  But it still doesn't feel like enough.  I've been praying for the Lord to prepare my heart, and Lucille's too, for the transition.  As if I wasn't already, I'm trying my darndest to soak up every single little moment with her.  I never thought I'd want to be a stay-at-home mom, but that sounds pretty awesome right about now.  I'm hoping that once I get into the swing of things, we will all be okay.

And lastly, I guess I'll catch you up on the highlight from yesterday.... THIS:


A typical hair-do for our little lady, and mama didn't bother to brush it all day!  Poor child.

Signing off.

Love, Ali

1 comment:

  1. Love the last photo...love her. Can't wait til we can hold each other again, Lucille :) Love the updates, love it all! Sar

    ReplyDelete