Saturday, October 5, 2013

Going back to work, back to church.

We finally made it back to church a few weeks ago.  We hadn't been since right before Lucille was  born - it was such an adjustment having this little one in our lives that we just needed to figure all of that out before making our appearance again.  Boy did it feel good to be back!  Lucille did great - she loved worship and fell asleep in mama's arms for most of it, then snuggled with dad for awhile.  She got fussy toward the end so I took her into the nursing mother's room (awesome room - I can still watch Pastor Joe preach on a TV!).

She looked stinking adorable in her little purple heart pants.




I went back to work 2 weeks ago, and we survived.  Barely, but we did.  Before I went back to work, though, on our last day at home together we spent extra quality time together reading


And journaling


And working on our tummy time


And obv snuggling


Over the weekend before going back, the 5 of us (pups included) had a little coffee date on our front porch... we love how peaceful our neighborhood is.






Then we came inside and spent some tummy time on dad.


Thankfully my first week back was part time and my mom and one of my sisters flew up from Oregon to watch Lucille while I was away.  My sister had a baby 3 weeks before I did, so it's fun to get the babies together!  They were so helpful while they were here - my mom got up around 6 am every morning and took Lucille so I could get a couple more hours of sleep, she vacuumed, swept, did the dishes, cooked dinner, ironed clothes, did laundry... pretty much ran the household for us!  It was such a blessing.

Lucille and Marcus



New shades from grammy that won't fall off my head.


Grammy



My sister, Kris, and Marcus


It's certainly been an adjustment going back, especially since it's the middle of my busy season.  I'm very grateful Moss Adams is allowing me to work 2 days from home.  Our first 2 days together were last week, and while it was challenging, we made it work!  She's such a great baby... goes down pretty easily for naps, and is fairly content, so I'm actually able to get some work done.

I'm hoping to do more frequent, shorter posts than this... we'll see if I can accomplish that in the next couple of weeks.

Signing off.

Love Ali



No comments:

Post a Comment