Sunday, November 17, 2013

Auntie Caitlin gets engaged!

We had such a great time visiting Oregon for Caitlin's surprise engagement party.  It was amazing to hear the web of lies created in order for Caitlin to be surprised about the engagement, the after dinner, the after party, and Ryan, Lucille, John, and I to be home for the festivities.

It was a super quick trip with seeing LOTS of people, and little missy definitely had moments of feeling overwhelmed, but overall she was such a champ.

First time on a plane!  She handled it like a champ.  Not a peep on the way there.  On the way back was a liiiiitle different... she was fussy right when we got in the air.  We realized she had pooped.  I asked the stewardess where I could change her, to which she answered the bathroom on the counter.  THE COUNTER WAS LITERALLY 12 INCHES LONG AND 6 INCHES WIDE.  Seriously??  I ended up changing her ON TOP OF THE TOILET SEAT.  How gross is that?  Thankfully my diaper bag has one of those little roll out things that I laid her on top of (with the toilet seat down, obv), but still.  Less than ideal.


Visiting my awesomely loud and crazy family - all of my sisters and their families came to visit in the 3 hour window they had.  We were grateful for that!


Grampy


Auntie Jamie (not a sister, but she may as well be)


Grampy again


Hangin' with cousin Marcus


Cousin Marcus


Grammy


James


Auntie Sarah


Cousin Rylie


After the engagement, we had dinner with Ryan's family and Beau's family at McGrath's fish house - best.chowder.ever.

We weren't as great with the camera at dinner, but we did snap this gem of a picture with AliJo.


There was a surprise party at the Marshall's after dinner, but Lucille was a LITTLE overwhelmed, so we weren't great with the camera there either.  BUT we did get one with Lucille and the newly engaged couple.  It oddly looks like their child... weird.



On Sunday, we headed back up to the airport, and stopped to see a few people important along the way.

Great grandpa Marshall

4 generations of Marshalls

Second cousin?  Third cousin?  I don't know, I lost track.  We'll just say cousin Karen.

Grandpa Marshall

She kills me.

And last but certainly not least, the ever so gorgeous ring.  Let's make this one extra large.


Beau and Caitlin are the perfect match, and we're excited to have him join the family!  Thanks for giving us an excuse to visit home.

Love,
Ali

1 comment: