Thursday, May 8, 2014

We have renters!

You guys!  We have renters!  We are so, so excited, and you'll hardly believe the story.  As you know from my last post, I mayyyyy have been a little stressed about getting people in here so we can move forward with this dream.  We waited and waited and waited (if you know me, I'm horrible at waiting) to hear back from the college pastor at our church about getting a group of students in here, but to no avail.  I was feeling tired of all my eggs in that basket, so I decided to post the house on Craigslist.  Craigslist is SO great for many things, but putting my home on there felt scary... I was afraid we'd attract a bunch of weirdos.  I don't want weirdos in my house.  We had quite a few inquiries within the first few days.  The first family we showed through we both felt GREAT about them.  They were excited, we were excited, everyone was excited.  Until we got their rental application results back... major credit history issues.  Bankruptcy, defaulted accounts, poor credit reports, you name it.  We were SO bummed.  We wavered on what to do, because they really did have good "explanations".  While we wavered, I got an e mail from a lady we used to serve on coffee bar with at church.  She came to my baby shower at my house awhile back, so when she saw the pictures on CL, she recognized them (I mean, how many people have a bright turquoise living room??)  She and her family have been looking for a few months now for a house our size, in our exact neighborhood, as a temporary place while they find their perfect home.  And they're looking to move the middle of June.  YOU GUYS.  Could there be a more perfect solution?  Could God take care of us any better than He is right now?  I mean, I know, He always takes the best care of us.  I punch myself for not trusting Him more, because of course He would come up with something this great... He's God. 

As for the other house (our actual rental), I received a text last night from one of our current tenants saying two of them are interested in staying in the house... so we're feeling hopeful they can find a couple of additional roommates!  That would be the PERFECT solution, one I hadn't even thought about being an option.  To not have to deal with the move in/move out process and to continue to rent it at the current price is so great (we were worried we'd have to lower rent) - more money toward those student loans.  We're crossing our fingers here.

As we are feeling thankful for the Lord's provision, we're also feeling a little bit of "oh crap, this is really happening".  We've started cleaning things out around the house so we have less to store, and boxing some things up that we don't use very often.  Les and I are constantly texting each other about the logistics... "do you have room for more tupperware?  Do you want me to bring our little vacuum?  Do you have a plunger in that bathroom?"

I think Lucille is really excited for it - she and Anna are going to be like sisters!  We bought them a little pink pool for their summatime shenanigans together.

Speaking of Lucille, how is it that one can love a little human being so much?  I honestly could burst, or cry, or laugh with how much I love her.  And I do all 3.  She talks nonstop, she loves playing in the pots and pans drawer and mommy's makeup drawer, she gets happy to see her puppy dogs, she takes baths in the big-girl tub now, she's very ticklish on her sides, she really likes pears and bananas, now that she's discovered she can stand up in her crib instead of sleep, she's back to being swaddled to go night night.  She challenges me... I want to be a better person for her.  I want the world to be a better place for her.  I want to make the best life possible for her.  She's just the best little girl ever, and I'm a blessed woman to be her mama!

She has a pretty in her hair just like her llama.

Not a huge fan of the swing.

Bath time in grammy's sink.





Our favorite river spot! 

She totally looks like a Cabbage Patch Kid to me in this picture... right??

 More river fun!

10 months.

My new frog bib.


Thanks for joining with us in this journey!

xoxo
Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment